Gua Sha 101
We've all seen the new skincare trend on the social media accounts of our favorite celebrities. Gua Sha, the massaging tool that many people claim helped lift their faces and define their facial features. But what is a Gua Sha and what are its actual benefits?
Gua Sha is an ancient Chinese healing technique where the skin is scraped with a smooth stone. In ancient China, this technique was used all over the body, but today it's mostly used on the face and neck. This technique stimulates microcirculation which increases blood flow.
WHAT ARE GUA SHA STONES?
Gua sha stones are made of jade or quartz. These stones are made into tools that are used to ease tension, sculpt and lift the skin, and stimulate circulation.
Here are the benefits of the Gua Sha stone:
- It lifts the skin and makes facial features appear more defined. As well as de-puff the face and reduce under-eye bags.
- It expels fluids and toxins from your system.
- It reduces the tension that can cause fine lines and wrinkles.
- It reduces redness and the size of acne by moving blood cells and improving circulation
- It reduces the visibility of acne scars because it moves blood to the surface of the skin which renews skin cells
HOW TO USE
Apply a serum or moisturizer before usage, and make sure to keep the stone as parallel as possible to your face. Don’t apply too much pressure!
Remember to wash your Gua Sha with soap and water constantly to keep it clean
What are you waiting for? You can buy it right now here.